Dr. Michael A. Rogers
BA from Houghton College - 1970, MTS (Theology), Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary - 1973, THM (New Testament), Gordon Conwell Seminary - 1974, Doctor of Ministry, Westminster Theological Seminary - 1988
- Pastor, Worthington Presbyterian Church (Worthington, PA) 1974-1976
- Pastor, Hillcrest Presbyterian Church (Monroeville, PA) 1976-1977
- Associate Pastor, Randall Memorial Church (Williamsville, NY) 1977-1980
- Founding Pastor, Church of the Savior (PCA) (Williamsville, NY) 1980-1988
- Senior Pastor, Valley Presbyterian (Lutherville, MD) 1988-1994
- Senior Pastor at Westminster Presbyterian - Since 1994
Dr. Rogers and his wife Carol met in high school at Williamsville, New York, and married in 1969. Their four children and fourteen grandchildren living locally are members of the Westminster congregation.
Dr. Rogers is our primary preacher, worship planner and moderator of Session. He coordinates the ministry staff and session committee programs to unify our mission and vision. He oversees deacons, new member classes, radio ministry, Communiqué and officer training. Since 2002, Dr. Rogers has been a trustee for Westminster Theological Seminary. He is author of Baptism and the Covenant of Grace and the 2013 volume, What Happens After I Die? (Crossway Books).
Dr. Rogers considers his life Scripture passage to be Psalm 73:25,26, "Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."